Pages

Saturday 29 October 2016

Book Review: The Shining

The ShiningThe Shining by Stephen King
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was my first Stephen King novel. I was expecting so much from this book because everyone and their mother seems to think it's one of the scariest books of all time and maybe that is why I was so disappointed. The characters felt believable, everything they did and how they reacted was justified in my opinion. Nothing was thrown in our faces just to create an unnecessary plot twist, but I suspect all the hype surrounding this book ruined it for me. Maybe it was knowing the majority of the story before reading it, but I did not find it scary at all and I thought it dragged a little. However, I'm still planning to read other Stephen king's books because I've watch movies based on his books and his ideas are original and intriguing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment