Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Book Review: Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins



****Spoiler alert for the first book of the Hunger Games series! ****

Let's start with the sequel in the series, Catching fire. Honestly, I sometimes think I liked the sequel better than the first one but then again can a sequel can really beat the original?? With the first you really didn't know what to expect because you learn all about this twisted futuristic world and you get to know the characters and fall in love with them but the sequel was just as surprising to me than the first one I think. As I was turning the pages, a few '' oh my god!'' and ''are you kidding me?!?'' escaped from my mouth. I read that book so fast it was ridiculous, I literally could not put it down. And of course, it leaves you with this huge cliff hanger that pushes you to pick up the final book in the series. In my opinion, Mockingjay was really different than the other two. I feel it was more violent and more realistic in some ways. I don't want to tell any spoilers but I could write so much on what happens in the third book, but mostly halfway through the book though because in the first half, yes there are a lot of things that happens, but I actually stopped reading the book after the first fifty pages or so. Maybe it was because I didn't want to finish the series, maybe it was way too much emotions for me (with reading the first two books like a maniac and all) or maybe it was the different directions the book took, I don't know.. But when I finally got back into it, I literally read the rest of the book in one sitting. The things that the characters go through, the deaths, the fighting for their lives and oh my god it never stops. I know some people didn't like the ending but I say don't let it stop you. This series has made the top of my bookshelf and I can't wait to see the movies. I think this series is simply brilliant so if you haven't read already, please do!

Nina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment