Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Audio Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare









Synopsis: To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?

My Review:  For the third audio book, it was a different woman who read the story and it bothered me a little at first. I prefer when they use the same person throughout  the hole series, but eventually, I forgot all about it because the story was so good. City of Glass was by far my favorite book of The Mortal Instruments. The pacing was great, there where a lot of unexpected turn of events, there was drama, romance action, and comedy, I mean come on, what's not to love about this book! In the first two novels, I often thought Clary needed a reality check because she was childish, extremely impulsive and selfish at times. She caused so many problems and I was always thinking, why isn't there anyone who puts her in her place!?! But finally, someone did in book three yeah! And then Clary slowly became more responsible and rational and I enjoyed following her personnel growth through this book. I do not know if City of Glass was supposed to be the last book in The Mortal Instruments, but it could've been. Everything came together at the end and I would've been satisfied if the saga ended with this third book. If you haven't read the series yet, I do recommend it even though I didn't really like the first book, because it definitely does get better with book two and three. 

Nina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment