Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Book Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater



 ***** There will be no spoilers for this book in this review ******



Synopsis: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Review:  Let me just start by saying that Forever was not as bad as Linger. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series was doing nothing for me so far and I didn't expect much for this book, but I actually enjoyed this novel by Stiefvater. It was definitely more action driven and the plot was  interesting! There are things that bothered me throughout the series, particularly the way people act when they found out ''wherewolves'' are real and the way most of the teenagers in this town seemed to know so much about science, chemistry and biology is just weird and a  bit to convenient. All of those aspects are definitely present in this book. Aside from that, I liked how time was a big part of the book, timing was everything. One would miss the other by seconds and it was so frustrating at times! I must admit though, my favorite characters weren't Grace and Sam but Isabel and Cole. To me, they felt real and believable (though the hole rock star thing kept reminding me that this was a story). I enjoyed reading about their rocky relationship and they both were full of surprises. Grace and Sam were...  they were dull and too soft and it got on my nerves. About the ending, now the ending of the series was satisfying for me, but I know not everyone agrees with me. It's pretty much all I can say without spoiling it for you guys. So overall, The Wolves of Mercy Falls  is not a series I would reread , I'm not saying I regret reading it but I do regret buying the books.   

Nina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment